Messner Flooring in Pittsford
Messner Flooring in Pittsford is a family-owned and operated business, and one of three locations in Rochester, NY. We are your flooring experts and specialize in all types of flooring including carpeting, vinyl flooring, laminate, hardwood floors, and tile flooring in Rochester and the surrounding areas.
In 1962 Ben Messner started selling carpet from the back of a wood-paneled station wagon. He quickly established a reputation for providing first-rate service, honest dealings, and uncompromising quality. Today, Ben's sons Peter and Greg Messner, and Peter's sons Jack and Ted keep the Messner Tradition alive with a
Highly Trained Flooring & Design Experts
Messner Flooring in Pittsford is an independently-owned local flooring store and design showroom that is part of the International Design Guild, the only luxury flooring alliance in the country. Quality and style, in addition to value, are important considerations when making a flooring investment. With years of flooring and design
Messner Flooring Timeline
- 1962 → Ben Messner opens the B. J. Messner Co. in a one-room office on Monroe Avenue, presently, Cornell’s Jewelers.
- 1972 → A one-room office and sample room on Saginaw Drive.
- 1977 → Peter joins the firm after Ben’s health setback.
- 1978 → 28 South Main St. opens our first retail venture, a 1000 sq. ft. showroom and office.
- 1980 → Opening of our first warehouse, 1000 sq. ft. on Monroe Ave.
- 1984 → Messner moves to a 3,000 sq. ft. warehouse and expands into additional offices. Greg joins the company.
- 1987 → After Ben suffers another health setback, Peter takes control of a 5-employee company.
- 1988 → Major renovation of the South Main Street store and Grand Reopening celebrating 25 years.
- 1989 → Peter moves the commercial division, operations
andwarehouse to Halstead Street.
- 1993 → The company buys the old Pittsford Post Office at 19 Monroe
Avenue,and remodels the building. Messner commercial and administration move in as does State Farm Insurance.
- 1999 → Messner Flooring Re
:Sourceis launched and moves to a 18,000sq. ft. facilityon University Ave. The store is renovated to house the new Martha Stewart flooring line. Peter's son Jack Messner joins the firm in the Messner Flooring Re :Sourcecompany.
- 2008 → State Farm moves out and the RUG ROOM is opened.
- 2009 → The store is fully renovated and now occupies all 5,800 square feet. Messner receives the Pittsford Business Person of the year award.
- 2018 → Messner Carpeting is rebranded as Messner Flooring.